On May 8th, I had a reading circle with the kids. I told them they could choose 2 books from the shelf. While I was reading to them I was surprised how they were so interested and how they actually understood the story line. When they were supposed to laugh they did and when it was sad they were all quiet. After I finished the first book, the second one was a book about colors. I would point to a color and have them guess which color it was. When they didn't know what it was I would say it and have them repeat it after me. After a while they started picking up on the colors and saying them without me even having to point them out. I felt really proud when they started remembering them. It was a challenge at first because I must have said each color about 5 or 6 times, but it was worth it in the end. One of my goals before that I never did was to create something for the kids to take home. This was my goal for my next visit.
Time Logged This Time: 4 hours
Total Time Logged: 21 Hours and 15 Minutes
Monday, May 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment