Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 1 At Day Care

Today was the first day I visited with my mentor at her daycare. When I got there there were about 5 or 6 kids there and they were just playing with toys and each other. At first I'm not going to lie, but i was sort of overwhelmed. I'm not used to being around kids, let alone this many at one time in a house. At first I was just watching the kids play, but then I started to talk and play with them. An hour after I got there it was nap time. The big kids, which are 3-5 years old were easy to put to sleep. My mentor said it was nap time and to    go lie down and they surprisingly went. However, the younger ones which are 2 years old or younger, had a hard time going to sleep. They began to cry when they were put in the crib and I have to admit it made me nervous just leaving them there. In a few minutes though, they were sound asleep. After about an hour and a half, the kids woke up and began to play for a little bit before being picked up by their parents. The next time I go with my mentor I want to be more hands on with the kids such as feed them or put them to sleep.

Time logged this time: 2 hours 30 mins
Time logged in total: 2 hours 30 mins

-Maile Chand

0 comments:

Post a Comment